I love you, but no more talking.
1. When you need to take breaks and recharge after socializing for too long.
I’m not antisocial, I swear! I just need to recharge my introvert juices!
2. When people mistake your thoughtful look for resting bitch face.
You like to give thoughtful answers, but sometimes people assume you’re just silently judging them.
3. When your friend wants to invite more people over, and you don’t want to sound like a dick by saying no.
You might even secretly like a little more company, even if it does give you anxiety.
4. When spending a heavenly weekend alone means that you’re missing out on time with friends.
5. And the fear that by doing so, you’re slowly turning into a hermit…
6. Who will likely die alone.
7. Having visitors stay with you is a nightmare, because it means you have to be on at ALL TIMES.
8. When people stop inviting you places because you keep canceling plans.
9. Too many social obligations + no alone time = a total grump.
10. When you’re asked to do a group project, and know that you’re going to hate every minute of it.
11. When your ride at a party doesn’t want to leave early, and no one seems to understand your distress.
12. When you hear this question, and your palms start to sweat with anxiety.
Because the answer is “no,” but you don’t want to hurt their feelings.
13. When you hear, “Are you OK?” or “Why are you so quiet?” for the umpteenth time.
Just because you prefer to listen or only speak up when there’s something important to say.
14. Trying to be extra outgoing when you flirt so your crush doesn’t think you hate them.
Seriously, I just have resting bitch face, it’s not you!